John Hudson is a specialist in Family Finance work, particularly cases involving businesses. As a company director himself, his practice extends from Family Law to providing advice,
drafting and advocacy in other aspects of law affecting families including company law, director and partnership disputes and also embraces employment, landlord and tenant and wills
and probate within the context of ancillary relief proceedings and beyond.
Admitted as a solicitor in 1993 prior to being called to the Bar in 2006, John has conducted ancillary relief cases ranging from those making modest assets to high net worth cases
involving farms, pensions, businesses and cases with a foreign element. John is based in North Yorkshire, enjoys a national practice and is happy to travel.
Membership Status: Barrister – Tenant
Qualified:2006 (England and Wales)
Tel: 020 3239 0772
Email John’s clark: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John is an experienced Barrister having began his legal career as a solicitor in 1993. He then elected to become a barrister in 2006. His previous experiences as a solicitor enables him to effectively deal with direct access clients under the public access scheme. His particular areas of speciality are:
Pre-nuptial agreement, separation agreements, complex company accounts director/partnership liabilities, pension sharing, multiple properties and offshore bank accounts.
Private Law Residence and Contact and International Child Abduction.
John is a keen horseman and keeps a Clydesdale and and IDxTB hunter together with a small flock of rare breed sheep on his land in the Yorkshire Dales.
What Clients have said about John’s qualities:
“Good knowledge on what to expect in Court, takes time to explain what will happen”
- Applications for financial remedies
- Complex Company accounts
- Director/partnership liabilities
- Pension sharing
- Multiple properties
- Offshore bank accounts
- International cases
- Pre nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- Farm assets.
John is also prepared to consider accepting private law children and domestic violence/injunction cases. He is accredited to accept work on a public access basis.
As part of his commercial practice, John is also happy to accept instructions in credit hire, defendant only matters.
Public Access Barrister
- Representing husband in an application for a financial remedy following foreign divorce proceedings
- Representing mother in wardship proceedings following removal of a child by father to Iran
- Representing wife in financial remedy application involving substantial farm assets
Recent matters include representing:
- Husband in an application for a financial remedy following foreign divorce proceedings.
- wife in a financial remedy application involving substantial farm assets.
- wife in a financial remedy case involving a husband with a dramatically shortened life expectancy.
- intervenor in a case involving a family farming business.
- husband in a financial remedy case involving a husband and wife and family owned transport business.
- wife in a financial remedy case involving property abroad.
- husband in a financial remedy case involving substantial pension assets.